I started blogging when I was 17 because my older sister had caught a web-design bug. Presented with a blog, but unsure what to write about, I started out just writing about my interests (writing, music, sports). As time went on, I began to find that I had things I wanted to say for the benefit of others. It pained me to see how the lies we so often believe prevent us from living the abundant lives we were created to live. Gradually, my posts began to take on more of a Christian worldview and lifestyle focus, trying to discover how to live the “good life.”
The same year I began my blog, I participated in Summit Ministries‘ worldview training camp, and since then, I have had a fascination with examining different worldviews, and searching for where the truth can be found.
Who this site is for?
How do we live the “good life”? How does one become a good person? The answers to these questions are not taught in public school or at college. Our culture generally assumes that the answers to these questions do not exist, or at the very least, cannot be found. I think the answer is quite simple: we die.
No, I’m not advocating suicide. Far from it. Rather, I mean that we must die to our selfish wants, and take on the desires of Christ. Taking on the character of Christ is what opens us up to a magnificent life, no matter what circumstances may come our way.
My goal for this blog is to encourage others, and learn myself, how to best honor God and love others with every aspect of our lives. Rather than being like the majority, let us be prudent and give thought to our steps, always seeking to do the will of God (Proverbs 14:15).
Despite the dangers, I believe the world is a very safe place for a Christian, though many times this is easy to forget. As long as we hold fast to Christ, no one can harm us.
I am most known for my posts on:
And (rather unfortunately I find) hugging.
20 random facts about me:
- In addition to this blog, I also write for my family’s home enterprise blog, Coastal Conservatory.
- I like to write and produce music. Check out my solo project, Andromeda Coast. I am also in a band called “Lines” and we will be releasing our debut album sometime in the near future. I will also be producing the debut album for the Long Family Singers this summer!
- I lied. I don’t like to write and produce music. I’m addicted to it, like, literally. It’s a struggle everyday not to give into the temptation to pull up my recording software and start jamming. I also love to collaborate!
- I am the Editor of Kingdom Pen Magazine, an e-mag dedicated to encouraging young writers to write well, write purposefully, and to always write for Christ.
- I am a fifth generation football player. Yes, my great-great-grandfather played when there were no helmets.
- I played football for 11 years, and never got injured…until what was supposed to be the next to last game of my career…and my knee blew out. Fun stuff.
- I am a Greek mythology and outer-space enthusiast. Those two things go really well together.
- I have completed the rough-drafts of three novels, two of which were semi-finalists in the One Year Adventure Novel annual writing contest. I am hoping to publish one in the near future!
- I graduated Summit Ministries’ two-week long worldview training camp in 2011. Every Christian young adult should definitely try to attend if they can.
- I have attended public school, private school, homeschool, and one of the largest public universities in the world, Ohio State. Fitting in has always been difficult, but I have no idea why…
- I’m still not sure if I’m left-handed or right-handed. It’s complicated, just trust me.
- I am the second eldest of seven children.
- I have a hot car. Her name is Caliente. I get compliments all the time, whether I be filling her up with gas or going through a drive-thru, she is just that awesome. It’s okay to be jealous.
- I ran my own house painting company for 8 months and never painted a house. I’d say it worked out pretty well.
- An organized person, I am not.
- I stinc at speling.
- I apparentsly love backing typos. Sory if you se a lot of then on this bolg. I also have a problem with leaving out entire
- If your a grammar Nazi, you’ll hate me blog.
- I can read faster than a cheetah. And it’s a good thing, since cheetahs can’t read…
- I walked on the moon once…in my dreams. So I’d say I’m a pretty cool dude. Wouldn’t you?